Thursday, January 6, 2011

Heading to Maitland class today

Today we are on our way to the Maitland studio. Its bitter sweet seeing as how I will not be teaching at the Maitland studio after the month of January. Its strange. I've been there for a good couple of years and its hard to break away from being attached to locations. I love the students there. I love how big the studio is and the style of salsa we teach there (Rueda). Maybe it will be a temporary season away. I have to take over directing the Training Team now so I won't be able to teach in Maitland anymore. I'm pretty sad about that. But on the other hand, I'm also excited about the new season the Training Team will be starting.


This season is the beginning of the "Congress Season". After auditions (January 29th) the season will begin! Keep in mind....these are all students. They are going to be undergoing a salsa "overhaul" so to speak lol. The season starts off with intense training on spins, technique, styling etc. Then we venture into workshops consisting of body movement, training of dips and tricks and through out all of that, we will also be showing choreography. I'm excited about that. I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. I hope you all follow along this season (February - July) as we take new members and what I like to call "repeat offenders" or returning members through the highs and lows of the upcoming season.


First on the agenda....organize, organize, organize!! Auditions are coming up pretty soon so Ralph and I have to prepare accordingly for the audition process. We will be taking lots of pictures that day and a few videos so check back to see how it all goes! Until then, I will be posting some additional class pictures and videos later. This time, it will be from the Maitland location. See you later!!


R&R

No comments:

Post a Comment